2018 Warrior's College Experience Residential Camp
Are you ready for college? Have thoughts of a profession in Health Care or in a STEM field? Want to be challenged, meet new people and have fun? If you answered yes to any of these, then the WSU C2 Pipeline Warriors College Experience is for you!
Participants of this busy 11 day experience will get a sense of what college life is like. They will live and eat in dorms, and attend classes taught by Wayne State University faculty and staff. Each day is filled from morning to night with organized programs that are designed to expose you to a variety of things.
Mornings are reserved to prepare students for time and stress management, conflict resolution and improved study skills. These skills can be immediately applied in high school, but especially when entering college. In the afternoon, students attend classes which have been modified specifically for this program by Wayne State professors in the areas of nursing, medicine, social work, engineering, dentistry and pharmacy and health sciences.
In the evenings, students meet with their assigned inter-professional education team (IPE). Each team will receive a challenge, requiring several days of intensive planning and preparation. At the end of the program, teams will present their work and compete for scholarship money to attend Wayne State University.
Students entering their senior year in the fall will have the opportunity to meet with the Wayne State University Admissions Office. During this time, representatives will speak about the admissions process and university requirements. Students that have submitted their SAT/ACT scores and high school will be able to complete and submit their application right on the spot (with a waived application fee)!!
There are community service projects, organized recreational activities and a Gala at the end of the program. There is never a dull moment from the time the students move into their dorm rooms to the time they get picked up from the Gala. Along the way, they meet new friends, have a better understanding of college life and maybe decide upon a new career.
- July 23rd through August 2nd, Towers Residence Hall (Midtown Campus)
- Geared towards students entering their senior year for the 2018 - 2019 school year
- Students will choose a "track" of their interest and learn more about that speficic career/field
- Students will be able to experience firsthand what college is like
- Students will attend pre-planned activities and sleep overnight in our on campus residential halls
Six Track Options for the Warrior's College Experience
We are very excited that you are interested in the 5th Annual WSU C2 Pipeline Warriors College Experience. This year, students must apply for the track that they wish to participate in (Nursing, Medicine, Engineering, Social Work, Pharmacy/Health Science or Dentistry). Each track is limited to 20 Students. The application can be found below and has several parts. If you are interested in more than one option, you only have to fill out one application and will have the opportunity in it to select other options. Before completing the application, please be sure you have the following items ready to submit:
- High School Transcript (PDF file)
- ACT, SAT or PSAT Score (composite score only)
- Personal Statement/Essay (750 words or less)
- Letter of Recommendation from a Teacher, Counselor or Principal
- Letter of Recommendation of your choice (not a family member)
You cannot save the application, so it is important to have all of these items ready to upload when you fill it out. A PDF version is also available that you can download and use as a guide prior to completing the application.
Along with filling out an application for each track, every student must fill forms contained in the 2018-2019 C2 Pipeline Registration Packet as well as submit copies of their immunizations, parent/guardian driver's license and copy of their insurance card. The Packet will be mailed to the student upon acceptance into the program. Please email completed registration forms to email@example.com or mail completed forms and payment to:
C2 Pipeline Summer Programs
5557 Cass Ave., #325.3
Detroit, MI 48202
If you have questions you can call our office at 313-577-9006. Thank you!
- This track pertains to students interested in the medical field, including but not limited to: Anesthesiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Radiology, etc.
- To view a video of the Medicine track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Medicine Track, click here. (PDF) https://forms.wayne.edu/58d1609cd37ff/
- To complete the online application for the Medicine Track, click here.
- This track pertains to students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or are simply interested in the field of nursing
- To view a video of the Nursing track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Nursing Track, click here. (PDF)
- To complete the online application for the Nursing Track, click here.
- This track pertains to students interested in the engineering field including, but not limited to: Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nanoengineering, etc.
- To view a video of the Engineering Track track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Engineering Track, click here. (PDF)
- To complete the online application for the Engineering Track, click here.
Pharmacy & Health Sciences Track
- This track pertains to students interested in the field of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, including but not limited to: Forensic Investigation, Mortuary Science, Pathologist Assistant, Nurse Anesthesia, Doctor of Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology, etc.
- To view a video of the Pharmacy & Health Sciences track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Pharmacy & Health Sciences Track, click here. (PDF)
- To complete the online application for the Pharmacy & Health Sciences Track, click here.
Social Work Track
- This track pertains to students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work or are simply interested in the field of Social Work.
- To view a video of the Social Work track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Social Work Track, click here. (PDF)
- To complete the online application for the Social Work Track, click here.
- This track pertains to students interested in the field of Dentistry, including but not limited to: Doctor of Dental Surgery, Orthodontics, Pre-Dental Hygiene, Endodontics, Periodontics, etc.
- To view a video of the Detroit Mercy Dental track click here (YouTube)
- To access the application for the Dentistry, click here. (PDF)
- To complete the online application for the Dentistry Track, click here.
Summer 2018 Day Camps
All summer 2018 day camps will begin on June 18, 2018. All camp options and details about the application process will be posted on our website at the end of February. Please check back then to find out more information! Thank you!