I'm Interested in volunteering my time
Volunteering for the C2 Pipeline Program can take many shapes and forms. We are constantly seeking guest speakers to provide students with a first-hand look at health careers and job opportunities that they didn't know were available to them. If you are a student at Wayne State University looking to fulfill community service requirements we can provide you an opportunity to do so. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please fill out a volunteer form here.
I'm Interested in a career with C2 Pipeline
C2 Pipeline offers careers for individuals interested in gaining experience with high school youth in an after school setting. This is a great opportunity for past or present teachers, social workers, or anyone interested in the field of education. You will be able to work directly with high school youth while promoting college and career readiness. C2 Pipeline staff is also responsible for actively engaging high school student groups by administering hands on activities with a focus on S.T.E.M. and health care careers. If you or someone you know may be interested in this type of opportunity, please visit jobs.wayne.edu. Please click "Search Postings" in the left menu. Select "College of Nursing" under the division drop down menu, and click "search". We currently have openings for two positions: C2 Pipeline Activity Facilitator and C2 Pipeline Assistant Site Coordinator.
I'm a student interested in joining the C2 Pipeline Program
Any students attending our 15 metro Detroit High Schools (Clintondale, Cody School of Medicine and Health, Detroit Collegiate Prep, East Detroit, Ecorse, Harper Woods, Michigan Collegiate, Oak Park, Pontiac Academy of Excellence, South Lake, Southfield Lathrup, Southfield Regional, University High, Warren Mott, and Waterford Mott) that are interested in filling out an application for the C2 Pipeline program, applications are available here. If you are a student in the Metro Detroit area that is not attending one of our C2 Pipeline schools, you are welcome to join our after school program. Transportation must be accommodated on an individual basis.
C2 Pipeline 2017 Warriors College Experience Mentor Program
- 10 hours over a two week period
- July 24th - August 3rd at Wayne State University
- Attendance at the Presentation Showcase & Gala on August 3, 2017.
- Mentorship of one high school Interprofessional (IPE) Team (meet evenings and weekends)
- Mentors can be individuals or groups of people from your organization
- Attend a Pre-Meeting at Wayne State University to go over the program. More details will be sent to you as the date approaches.
- Each of the IPE teams will be named after the organization
- Recognition as a Mentor in all Marketing Materials
- Recognition at the Presentation & Showcase Gala Event
- Opportunity for your Mentored Team to compete against other teams
- Partnership with a Wayne State University organization
Completed mentor forms may be emailed, faxed or mailed to Sandy Friedli, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, address: 5557 Cass Ave., Room 334, Detroit MI 48202 Fax: 313-577-1205, Phone: 313-577- 3499.